Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Shake Up Learning: Ch. 8: Uberize Your Learning and Curate Resources

I am always finding new resources on Twitter and Pinterest.

Pinterest is an excellent curation tool and I have many boards that I pin to. I also use Google Keep, mostly for my favorite ideas that I find on Twitter. I love that I can label my notes for easy organization. I have used Delicious in the past, but my account hasn’t been accessed in a while and I bet that most things on there are outdated. I also have a YouTube playlist for each unit for each class. I don’t use all of the videos, but if students are struggling with a concept or need more information, I point them in that direction. I also have each of these linked on my website, where I keep a digital copy of everything that we do in class, including a day-to-day agenda of what we did in class that day. Students know that if they need anything, they check the website first. This saves me a ton of time and saves my students a ton of headaches.

I want to continue using Google Keep more regularly to keep track of the ideas that I have on the fly. I like that I can take voice recordings on Keep as well, especially because I used to use a voice recorder if I came up with ideas while listening to podcasts on my long drives to work. I rarely ever listened to the recordings though. Keep automatically transfers the voice recordings to written text, which is extremely helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment