Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Shake Up Learning: Ch. 3: The Rise of the Entrepreneur

My current curriculum does not support the entrepreneurial mind set. I’m not quite sure how to get it there, especially with classes such as Sociology and World History. This will be much easier to do in my new Economics class, where students can create businesses to simulate our larger economy. I do encourage my students to think for themselves and use their creativity, but that alone is not entrepreneurship. It sounds like a lot of educators feel similarly; we just aren’t sure where to start! A couple of ideas that I liked from other educators were:

  • Collaboration
  • Self-publishing (students publish their work)
  • Publish Choose Your Own Adventure Stories


Students need the following to survive in this changing economy:
  • The ability to collaborate, yet to work productively on their own
  • Curiosity
  • The ability to learn a new tool on their own
  • Willingness to try something new
  • Resilience and flexibility - the ability to bounce back when something doesn’t go according to plan
  • Willingness to ask for help when they need it

No comments:

Post a Comment