Monday, March 25, 2019

5 E's: Evaluation

This is one of my reflections from my class, Classroom Strategies for Inquiry-Based Learning.

Evaluation is an opportunity by students and teachers to determine the extent of the learning that has occurred.

Forms of Evaluation


Forms of evaluation include tests, videos, presentations, websites, posters, and many other types of projects. I prefer that my students have a choice of medium when creating a project, though tests are sometimes necessary. As a student myself, I prefer to write out what I have learned.

When Should Evaluation Occur?


The appropriate time for final evaluation is after learning has occurred, though formative evaluation should occur at all times to determine student progress and whether they need help to meet the standards. The focus of evaluation should be to determine if students have learned the concepts required, and to diagnose any issues that might have become barriers to student learning.

Takeaways


Evaluation is not the final stage in the 5 E’s model. It occurs throughout the entire process to help guide both students and teachers to the final goal: understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment