Sunday, December 30, 2018

Leading Change: Go Beyond Gamification with Gameful Learning (Introduction)

This is one of my reflections from my class, Leading Change: Go Beyond Gamification with Gameful Learning.

Upon conclusion of my Legacies of WWI class, I have enrolled in a new class titled Leading Change: Go Beyond Gamification with Gameful Learning. This is a free course offered through MOOC.org.

I will be posting my reflections from this course here on my blog in hopes of organizing my thoughts a bit better! To start, here is my "why":


My name is Carlene Baurichter, but everyone calls me Carly. I teach 9-12 grade Social Studies in a small town in Wisconsin. We are a very small school district with only 300 students in grades 6-12. Currently I teach US History, World History, Economics, Psychology, and Sociology. I have been interested in gameful learning since I attended a conference three years ago. Michael Matera, a huge proponent of gamification, was the speaker. A colleague and I attending the session were inspired and decided to gamify our classes. This is my second year using gamification in all of my classes, 9-12. I’m interested in learning more about gameful learning and how I can integrate games and game mechanics into more of my coursework. Currently I award students experience points for behaviors, but I would like to integrate badges, modules, and create a more personalized learning experience for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment