Saturday, July 21, 2018

US History Final Project

At the end of the year in my US History class, I assign a final project. I give students free reign over the topic they would like (as long as it pertains to US History), as well as the medium in which they would like to create their project. I have a minimal rubric, linked below.

The first page introduces the project and gives example topics. The second page includes my rubric. I use a similar rubric for other projects as well.

I check with students as they work and give feedback, and students have multiple opportunities to revise, so that's why the first section on the second page says that they don't get a grade without the first five requirements. They can also get points back on any portion of the project, including presenting the project again (with improvements) for more points.

I also gamify my classes, so spelling and grammar error-free projects earn XP, and creativity does as well. Going above and beyond on each requirement earns the student more XP as well. Those items don't affect their grades at all.

Let me know what you think! Does it seem pedagogically sound? Does it require changes? Any feedback is helpful feedback.



No comments:

Post a Comment